What is difference between WHERE and HAVING in SQL Server?
I only use
WHERE clause to filter data but
HAVING also use to filter data. Can anybody explain to me what is the difference between them? and when we should use them?
Marry Christ Oct 19 2020
I can note some difference between them as below:
- Filter data from a result, usually filter columns available in the table.
- It filters before any groups are made.
- Can't use the aggregate function to filter.
- Used to filter values from a group.
- Only use the aggregate function to filter.
- Can't using
HAVINGif not use to the
- Performance is SLOW because the aggregate function needs to calculation.