How to get and set the content of div tag html with Jquery
Dung Do Tien Apr 10 2020 647
I have a div tag container HTML, this div content an article detail and I want to get current content or set some other article detail to this div. How can I do it?
<div class="col-md-2 content-article-detail"> // set or get content of this div </div>
Have 1 answer(s) found.
Sandeep Kumar Apr 12 2020
Jquery has provided two methods to get content or text of a container tag
1. text() : Get or set only text for HTML container tags.
2. html() : Get or set both text and HTML tag for HTML container tags.
See an example below
<div class="col-md-2 content-article-detail"> <p>This is content of article</p> </div>
var content = $(".content-article-detail").text(); // return content = "This is content of article"; AND var content = $(".content-article-detail").text(); // return content = "This is content of article";
*Note: The two methods have different uses, you should consider which one is suitable for your purpose.
* Type maximum 2000 characters.
* All comments have to wait approved before display.
* Please polite comment and respect questions and answers of others.