What is the difference between block and inline html tag?
<div> is a block tag and <span>is an inline tag so what is the difference between block and inline Html tag?
Thank you for any explanation.
Sandeep Kumar Jun 26 2020
The main difference is in the total width they will occupy.
- Block tag always displays with default full-line, It accounts for 100% of the line and makes a new line for another tag. So never have two tags display in the same line.
- Inline tag display by content, Total width of them depends on the content inside them. So maybe have many tags display in the same line.
- Block tags usually are container tags, So block tag will content inline tag and I recommend you shouldn't do the opposite.
* Type maximum 2000 characters.
* All comments have to wait approved before display.
* Please polite comment and respect questions and answers of others.